Thursday, December 10, 2009

WINDY!

Ok. So, we are from the South. We are from hurricane country. We now live in the far North. We now live in snow country. Which one would I rather have?...at this point, with the snow: you still get high, high winds, but you get an added blustering cold snowfall as well. With a hurricane: you get high, high winds with some rain and a chance of a tree fall or two (aside for those big ones, and we all know what they can do!)......I will be perfectly honest with you...At this point, the jury is still out...I don't know which one I would rather have, but let me just say I am leaning toward the hurricane option...

Last night was extremely windy! I am not sure the mph, but I know that it was shaking the windows and involved that sound of wind that you only really hear in movies...which is when I realized that the sound they get in the movies of windy snow had to actually come from somewhere...I think they got it from Brockport, NY!! Anyway, it was windy!

Yet again, when we went to bed, there was nothing on the ground, but when we woke, the ground was covered in snow! Oh, and the wind...it was still windy...

I hoping we will get used to this, but at this point, I don't know. Today, I will head to Walmart to purchase a "Winter Storm Driving Kit." This kit is comprised of a blanket, first aid, ice scrapper and brush, de-icer spray, food, and whatever else I feel I would want if I was stuck in my car in an snow storm....you never can be too careful!

Now, I am sure that I am exaggerating a bit, but come on....I am a Southern in the Snow!

(keep watching for video to come in the next few days)

No comments:

Post a Comment